Best AP Physics Tutors in Australia
AP Physics 1 and 2 are two, full-year AP Physics courses, equivalent to the first and second semesters of an introductory, algebra-based college physics course.
Here is the syllabus for AP Physics 1.
- Dynamics: Newton's laws
- Circular motion and universal law of gravitation
- Simple harmonic motion: simple pendulum and mass-spring systems
- Impulse, linear momentum, and conservation of linear momentum: collisions
- Work, energy, and conservation of energy
- Rotational motion: torque, rotational kinematics and energy, rotational dynamics, and conservation of angular momentum
- Electrostatics: electric charge and electric force
- DC circuits: resistors only
- Mechanical waves and sound
Here is the syllabus for AP Physics 2.
- Thermodynamics: laws of thermodynamics, ideal gases, and kinetic theory
- Fluid statics and dynamics
- Electrostatics: electric force, electric field and electric potential
- DC circuits and RC circuits (steady-state only)
- Magnetism and electromagnetic induction
- Geometric and physical optics
- Quantum physics, atomic, and nuclear physics
Here is the syllabus for AP Physics C: Mechanics.
- Newton's laws of motion
- Work, energy, power
- Systems of particles, linear momentum
- Circular motion and rotation
- Oscillations and gravitation
Here is the syllabus for AP Physics C: Electricity and Magnetism.
- Conductors, capacitors, dielectrics
- Electric circuits
- Magnetic fields