Nowadays there are many options in India apart from CBSE ICSE and State Board so that you can get admitted to any foreign board like IB and IGCSE board.
There are many schools in many cities of India where students can get admitted to the IB Board which we also call International Baccalaureate. Board and IGCSE Board which is also called Cambridge International Board.
IB board has become a very favourite board of students, in this article I will tell you which students can take admission in IB board, what are its advantages and disadvantages OF THIS BOARD.
Many parents ask whether we should send our child to the IB board or not, can a child studying in the IB board give JEE or NEET exam or not, I am going to give you answers to all these questions.
First of all, let me tell you International Baccalaureate Board its headquarter is in Geneva and these people do a diploma program for class XI and XII students which is of 24 months.
This program is quite challenging and it is designed in such a way that the overall development of the child takes place, it consists of 6 groups and the child has to select one subject from each group.
Group 1 has language, Group 2 consists of a second language, Group 3 consists of Individuals and Societies, Group 4 consists of Experimental Sciences, Group 5 consists of Maths and Computer Science, and Group 6 consists of arts.
Apart from this, these people also pay a lot of attention to social service and every student has to do social service for a few hours.
Now let's talk here about the subject of Physics at IB Board Now in IB Board, you can select either a higher level which is called HL or a standard level which is spoken as HL, you can select higher level physics almost 240 hours of classes are required whereas Standard level SL Physics requires around 150 hours of classes as mentioned in IB board for Physics subject.
Physics is not taught only through books on the IB board, but here students are also tested in the laboratory through a question, which the IB board is considered different from the other Indian boards because their working style is the child's overall.
If you choose physics subject in IB then for good credit you choose high-level physics so that when you send the application to some outside university, there you will get credit only at physics higher level physics.
When you choose physics higher level in IB then you have to do a lot of assignments and physics experiments initially you will feel that it is all in vain but in long run, these physics assignments and experiments will prove to be very beneficial for you.
Due to these reasons, all foreign universities prefer IB students.
And the best thing is if you choose physics high level and write a research paper on it then outside universities like that thing very much because physics is a subject which requires a lot of brains to write any research paper so kumar sir also helps you to write your research paper.
And the most interesting thing is IB Diploma program makes you completely professional and proves to be very beneficial in your adult life.
Disadvantages of IB school-
There is only one major drawback when considering giving an IB school education to your child. There are more than 2000 engineering colleges and more than 3000 technical graduate colleges in India. A lot of the colleges have staff and people recruited from the local area. It is very unlikely that many colleges have heard of IB schools. So, some problems might occur in admissions in the Universities and colleges in India.
When a student passes the class 9th class 10th exam from IGCSE board and Cambridge International board then he has two options to proceed the first option is to pursue his study further class 11 from IB board i.e. Diploma from IB board or take admission in any state board.
Now it comes to PHYSICS if a student has A level or S level physics in class 9 and class 10 IN IGCSE board after he gets the option that he can do high-level physics from IB board. Or maybe medium-level physics.
Now it comes to studying physics, as you all know that physics is a subject that has to be studied very deeply, students have to face a lot of problem in understanding physics, especially high level Physics of IB.
So you got it right, if you have faced a lot of problem in physics then you can contact Kumar sir he will reach you to your destination in very short time and will make very difficult subject like physics so easy so that your will get 7/7 very easily.
So with the help of technology, you can easily take online class of physics from Kumar sir, whether you are in any part of India or all over the world, Kumar sir will complete your physics with immense enthusiasm and explain many experiments of IB in such a way that you can easily solve practical questions of IB and also can put experimental setup of physics in your laboratory.
SYLLABUS FOR IB PHYSICS (HL/SL)
1. Measurements and Uncertainties
3. Thermal Physics
5. Electricity and Magnetism
6. Circular Motion and Gravitation
7. Atomic, Nuclear and Particle Physics
8. Energy Production
Additional Higher Level (AHL)
9. Wave Phenomena
11. Electromagnetic Induction
12. Quantum and Nuclear Physics
Option (Choose one)
B. Engineering Physics
Practical scheme of work
Individual investigation (internal assessment – IA)
Group 4 project
Total teaching hours 150 HOURS (SL) 240( HOURS HL)
The assessment objectives for Physics reflect those parts of the aims that will be formally assessed either internally or externally. The assessments will centre upon the nature of science and have the following four objectives:
The Standard Level (SL) and Higher Level (HL) have 80% externally assessed and 20% internally assessed. The external assessment of Physics consists of three written papers.
In paper 1 there are 30 (at SL) or 40 (at HL) multiple-choice questions. For SL and HL Paper 1 has 10% of the paper covering objectives 1 and 2 and 10% of the paper covering objective 3. The overall weighting of paper 1 for both SL and HL is 20%.
Paper 2 contains short-answer and extended-response questions on the core (and Additional Higher Level material at HL). For SL Paper 2 has 20% of the paper covering objectives 1 and 2 and 20% of the paper covering objective 3 giving an overall weighting of 40% for paper 2.
For HL Paper 2 has 18% of the paper covering objectives 1 and 2 and 18% of the paper covering objective 3 giving an overall weighting of 36% for paper 2.
Paper 3 has two sections;
Section A contains one data-based question and several short-answer questions on experimental work on the core (and AHL material at HL).
Section B contains short-answer and extended-response questions from each of the four options. For SL Paper 3 has 10% of the paper covering objectives 1 and 2 and 10% of the paper covering objective 3 giving an overall weighting of 20% for paper 3. For HL Paper 3 has 12% of the paper covering objectives 1 and 2 and 12% of the paper covering objective 3 giving an overall weighting of 24% for paper 3.
The internal assessment is an integral part of the course and is compulsory for both SL and HL students. The internal assessment carries a weighting of 20% for both SL and HL. It enables students to demonstrate the application of their skills and knowledge, also to pursue their interests, without the time limitations and other constraints that are associated with written examinations. The internal assessment requirements at SL and HL are the same.
Cambridge International AS and A Level Physics build on the skills acquired at Cambridge IGCSE (or equivalent) level. The syllabus includes the main theoretical concepts which are fundamental to the subject, some current applications of physics, and a strong emphasis on advanced practical skills. Practical skills are assessed in a timetabled practical examination.
The emphasis throughout is on the understanding of concepts and the application of physics ideas in novel contexts as well as on the acquisition of knowledge. The course encourages creative thinking and problem-solving skills which are transferable to any future career path. Cambridge International AS and A Level Physics are ideal for learners who want to study physics or a wide variety of related subjects at university or to follow a career in science.
IGCSE Physics A Level Tutor in Delhi, IB Physics Tutor in Delhi ,IGCSE Physics Tutor in Gurgaon, IB Physics Tutor in Gurgaon, IGCSE Physics A Level Tutor in Delhi, IGCSE Physics Tutor in Gurgaon